R15B a new major release
December 14, 2011 · by Kenneth Lundin
Erlang/OTP R15B has been released as planned on December 14:th 2011.
See the release notes in the readme file.
Download the new release from the download page.
- Line number and filename information are now included in exception backtraces. This information will be pretty-printed in the shell and used in crash reports etc. In practice it will be much easier to find where something failed.
- The driver interface has been changed to enable 64-bit aware drivers. Most importantly the return types for ErlDrvEntry callbacks ‘call’ and ‘control’ has been changed which require drivers to be changed.
- New in this release is the support for 64 bit Windows. The self extracting installer can be found here.
- CommonTest hooks are now in a final supported version.
- There is a new GUI tool in the observer application which integrates pman, etop, appmon and tv into one tool. The tool does also contain functions for activating tracing in an easy way.
- The Erlang distribution can now be run over the new SSL implementation.